Adaptive Dynamic AR500 Platform, or as we call it: The A-DAP Target System. We created this platform with goal of having an affordable system that is innovative and expandable, helping to further the training of anyone from novice to professional skill levels. The target is able to move freely when struck, limiting the wear on the plate from bullet impacts. The target plate also hangs on a forward angle to help dispel the bullet spalling away from the shooter and can be purchased in several thicknesses. We went a step further on the Magnum A-DAP targets and are now offering them to our customers in 3/8" AR550 and 1/2" AR550 steel! These add an increased life expectancy over our traditional AR500 plates and allow the shooters to engage their steel at closer distances than the 100 yard recommendation (with light rifles) of our AR500 steel systems!
The Magnum A-DAP system was designed to allow the maximum vibration of the steel when struck creating a deep rich ring with every shot, no matter the placement. The A-DAP system requires no tools for setup, and can be broken down and easily transported. The base is unique as it allows the use of 1x2 rough cut furring strips to utilize a full size cardboard or paper silhouette target in front of the steel target.
This combination creates the visual feedback from paper and the audible feedback from steel that you need to further your training! All of our targets are made in the USA by Americans from high quality materials utilizing state of the art high definition plasma and laser equipment. The A-DAP target platform is a game changer and a must have, especially for those looking to do high volume shooting and training!
So which one is for you? If you are a high volume shooter looking to send anything from 5.56 to .308 Win and find 50 yards acceptable, choose the 3/8" AR550 A-DAP. If you would like to shoot closer with 5.56, choose the 1/2" AR550. They both are rugged and long lasting, the 1/2" AR550 does have a slight edge over the 3/8" and we have tested thousands of rounds from 30 yards with our 5.56 rifles with ZERO failures!
- Magnum target plates are offered in 3/8" AR550 and 1/2" AR550 steel
- The target plate is approximately 12" wide x 24" tall (BC style)
- Includes base, top, target face with purchase
- 2x4 upright support not included, must be provided by customer
- Base not intended to withstand bullet impacts
- 3/8" AR550: 10 yards for pistol use, 50 yards for 5.56 LEAD CORE ammunition, 50 yards for .308win/7.62 NATO, Calibers larger than .308 up to and including .338 Lapua: 100 yards. *Not recommended for .50 BMG.
- 1/2" AR550: 10 yards for pistol use, 30 yards for 5.56 LEAD CORE ammunition, 50 yards for .308 win/7.62 NATO, Calibers larger than .308 up to and including .338 Lapua: 100 yards. *Not recommended for .50 BMG inside of 500 yards. For close range .50 BMG use, see our Goliath target system!
Manuals and Instructions:
Please visit our Manuals and Instructions page.